Why Business Brokers of Louisiana...
- We get results. That is what our clients expect and we deliver.
- Absolute client confidentiality.
- We act only with the highest levels of integrity and we only have clients whose integrity matches ours.
- Every client is handled by seasoned staff.
- We don’t delegate clients to assistants.
- We use the latest and best technology to access markets around the world.
- From our many years of experience, we have established a network, numbering in the thousands, of individuals involved in business sales transactions.
These individuals include:
- Equity Groups / Equity Funds
- Individual Buyers
- Venture Capital Entities
- Lawyers, CPA’s, other professionals whose primary practice is handling Mid Market, M & A transactions, or Business Sale Transactions.
- Corporations seeking acquisitions.
- Foreign investors seeking U.S. acquisitions.
- Our own network of cooperating Private Investment Bankers.
- Professionals in a variety of entities that provide funding for Mid Market or M & A Transactions.
- In addition to our range of quality services, Business Brokers of Louisiana offers a more personal touch than other entities can provide.
- Where we do not feel that we can best represent a client’s interest; we will inform the client and refer them to entities that can.
- Business Brokers of Louisiana stays abreast of important trends in each of the industry sectors we support. The ongoing research and analysis of these industry sectors provide our clients with the prospective they need to make strategic decisions with confidence.
Investment Bankers vs. Business Brokers
Investment Bankers and business brokers serve two very different markets. Business owners thinking about selling a business should first consider the size and complexity of the transaction and who is best suited to handle that type of transaction.
Secondly, the sophistication of potential buyers and with whom buyers feel comfortable working with.
Investment Bankers concentrate on assisting clients with the acquisition or sale of mid-sized or middle market companies. Companies that generally meet at least one of the following characteristics:
- Annual gross revenues of $5 million or more.
- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, & Amortization (EBITDA) of $500,000 or more.
Business brokers generally work with companies that have annual owner discretionary income of less than $250,000. Business brokers tend to present those clients to local buyers. Smaller transactions such as these are usually not of interest to sophisticated buyers.
Investment Bankers are able to present client companies to sophisticated buyers. Many of these buyers are usually located in a different state than the seller. Some may even be located in a different country. Many will be large companies that look at hundreds of potential acquisitions each year. To attract their attention, a company must me marketed in a professional and thorough manner by experienced transaction professionals who understand how to get deals closed. They also know how to help buyers and sellers through the tangle of documentation, due diligence and negotiations that are part of the purchase or sale of a multi-million dollar business.
If you are interested in buying or selling a business, give us a call. We promise it will be a rewarding, pleasant, and informative experience with no cost or obligation on your part.