Our Confidential Sales Process
Selling the Business
Once you have prepared the business for sale, the best way to get the best price for the business is to confidentially present the business to the largest audience of potential qualified buyers. This is where our company, Business Brokers of Louisiana can be of assistance. For our clients, we discreetly yet aggressively market the business worldwide using a sophisticated portfolio of techniques.
The Major Ones Are:
- We start by developing a profile sheet on the business. This profile sheet describes the essential elements of the business that are most likely to be of interest to a potential buyer. The profile is generic and DOES NOT identify the specific business.
- Utilizing our existing database compiled over the years, the profile is sent to venture capital groups / funds along with CPA firms and Legal firms that specialize in handling mergers and business acquisitions. The profile is sent using email, fax or US mail depending on the preference of the recipient.
- Using another one of our proprietary databases, the profile is sent to industry specific “consolidators” and others within the industry seeking to expand and grow through acquisitions and/or mergers.
- Using another one of our proprietary databases, the profile is sent to high net worth individuals and merchant bankers.
- An electronic profile is posted on our corporate websites (BatonRouge.sunbeltnetwork.com and www.starmontadvisors.com) and numerous other websites that we participate in. They are the largest and most heavily accessed websites in the world of businesses for sale.
- Where appropriate, generic ads are placed in National Business Publications such as the Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The top industry specific publications are also identified and ads are placed in them.
- A few days after the profiles are distributed, we embark on an extensive telemarketing effort where we call those receiving the profiles to determine any interest generated and to procure feedback. This feedback is especially important in that it allows us to hone, refine and precisely focus our marketing effort.
- From our marketing efforts, we develop screened, serious buyers that we present to the business owner. After meetings between the seller and the buyers, with mutual agreement, the buyers are then allowed due diligence. A specific Cut Off Date is established and the buyers must have completed their due diligence and finalize an offer to purchase.
- Once a prospective buyer is in place with a signed purchase agreement, we can turn to the vast resources of our network to securing financing if needed. Corporate lenders usually have a profile of the particular types of loans that they specialize in. We maintain relationships with a large array of lenders that will finance any financially sound business sale transaction. These lenders can be commercial loan companies (i.e., CIT, GE Capital), private venture groups, and national banks (i.e., PNC, Wachovia, Chase, Banco Popular, Wells Fargo, etc.). In many cases, they have the capacity and will lend when the local traditional banking and lending community will not. We maintain a strong working relationship with these lenders as an active and important client. We posses a working knowledge of which lender will be best suited for a particular transaction based on the transaction’s characteristics.